[Kde-games-devel] Ideas for QML support in libkdegames

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 21:52:08 UTC 2013

On 08/03/2013, at 6:51 PM, Viranch Mehta wrote:

>>> Maybe this is because the images are being generated for all the sizes in
>>> between the original and the final size?
>
> so I tried this but could not find any way to know when a resize is ending. I
> found sceneResized signal and the resizeEvent, both of which are triggered on
> all intermediate sizes.
>
> I reliased the default value of asynchronous for QML Image is false, so I set
> it to true and the main window is no longer blocked when resizing, but the
> images become gray for fraction of second as they're rendered.

I think these problems have been with us for about 7 years, ever since we
started porting to KDE 4 and required games to be themeable and resizable.
It seems to me that the best one can do is settle for the least ugly alternative.

Using an unobtrusive background color (to appear before the background pic
is rendered) can at least avoid some flashing white rectangles.

All the best, Ian W.