[Kde-games-devel] Online Granatier, common real time online gaming libs?

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 11:30:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm one of the two "players" of kbattleship via telepathy tubes[1] (the
> winner). David (the loser) is in cc. Accidentally we are also KDE
> Telepathy developers ;)
> Getting KBattleship working was extremely easy. Since the protocol
> already existed, we just had to use telepathy as an additional network
> layer (and that's very easy to do using stream-tubes). The reason why we
> didn't merge it in kbattleship is because we don't have a stable KTp
> library yet.

Hello Daniele and David.

I'm the current maintainer of KNavalBattle (former KBattleship), and
have to say I'm amazed for this awesome "hack" you've done to the
game.

Something like that can't be considered just as an ordinary hack, it
adds lots of cool stuff to the game and I'm eager to merge your work
as soon as possible.

So, I have a few questions since I didn't cloned your repo yet and the
blog post has not enough details.

1. Do we have to add a new contact in order to play the game or it
looks for the contacts we already have in KDE Telepathy?

3. Is it possible to have KNavalbattle specific contacts? In other
words, is it possible to add people through the game interface such
that they're game exclusive contacts?

2. How mature is the library at this point?

Best regards.
--
Roney