[Kde-games-devel] KBreakout's QML port

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 5 18:34:07 UTC 2013

El Dissabte, 5 de gener de 2013, a les 11:17:21, Viranch Mehta va escriure:
> Hey,
>
> On 29-Dec-2012, at 12:58 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi Viranch, i just found some time to give it a try and it works pretty
> > well, congrats :-)
> >
> > Three things that i found:
> > * Mouse can be moved outside the window when playing with the mouse,
> > that's
> > pretty bad and a regression from the old behaviour, do you think you can
> > have a look at this?
>
> capturing and controlling mouse movements is a little difficult with QML. I
> can do these with the C++ part but then the mouse events won't reach the
> QML view (not directly anyway, will have to write hacks for forwarding the
> events which can get messy).
>
> Also, I found that mouse controlling thing in the old version very annoying
> at initial uses. I just wanted to close the game or go to some menu and it
> just won't let me, took me some time to figure out i have to first pause
> the game to get back the control.

I agree it is annoying when you want to close the game and you realize you
can't, but it is more annoying when you are playing and lose a life because
you moved the mouse a bit vertically in adiition to horizontally and it went
out of the window and stopped moving.

Cheers,
  Albert