[Kde-games-devel] libkdegames frameworks port

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Dec 28 16:26:31 UTC 2013

El Divendres, 27 de desembre de 2013, a les 18:51:34, Frederik Schwarzer va
escriure:
> On 27 December 2013 17:00, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El Diumenge, 15 de desembre de 2013, a les 17:50:56, Albert Astals Cid va
> >
> > escriure:
> >> Hi, yesterday we did a KDE Frameworks 5 mini-sprint at Barcelona and I
> >> started porting libkdegames to compile with KDE Frameworks 5. At the
> >> moment
> >> I have hit what seems a bug in the libraries so it does not link, but
> >> once
> >> that's fixed i'll commit it so others can have a look/review.
> >
> > Ok, so it seems that kdeclarative in KDE Frameworks 5 forces you to switch
> > to QtQuick2 from QtQuick1.
> >
> > And to be honest i do not have time to continue with such kind of porting
> > at the moment.
> >
> > So there's two options:
> >  a) I keep the unfinsihed port in my HD
> >  b) I commit the unfinished port to git and someone picks it up.
>
> I would say, commit it if it's in a branch and comment a bit about its
> state. That way someone can:
>   1) learn from it by reading the commits
>   2) pick it up and continue

At the end I found some time to do the QtQuick1->QtQuick2 porting and did the
commit (there's a few TODOs regarding K/QDialog porting).

I've no clue if anything works since we have no game using it, but well,
that's the next step.

Cheers,
  Albert