[Kde-games-devel] Building any kde game from kdevelop

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:53:40 UTC 2013

-there was more than one list and Rajat is probably not susbscribed either-

On Mittwoch, 10. April 2013 19:01:40 CEST, Rajat chawla wrote:
>>> /home/ Rajat/Deployments/kbounce/buid> make
>>> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop .
>>> ***Failed****
>
> This is the error when I'm trying to build any game using kdevelop.

a) why are you trying to build out of kdevelop?
b) why does it say "Deployments/kbounce/buid" - is that correct? ("build")
c) you imported what where?? After obtaining the kdegames package, enter it's top src dir, then

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="`kde4-config --prefix`" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
ccmake ..

de/activate the games and stuff you want to build, then run "make" from either the top src dir (to build all selected games) or enter a particular game subdir and "make" from there.

If you just copied the CMakeLists.txt from some game subdir and tried to configure from that, this will likely fail since they're usually meant to be included by the CMakeLists.txt in the top src path of the package.

Cheers,
Thomas