[Kde-games-devel] KPatience project name, but kpat repository folder

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Sep 11 09:48:39 UTC 2012

> A name is a name.
>
> I didn't see you asking the "KDE Libraries" to be renamed to "kdelibs"
>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs

I wish, it was as simple to guess as in that case.

The problem is that, I will not know "kpat" from "KPatience" without
further investigation. If it is kpatience, I do not need to investigate. Is
there any benefit of not being able to clone "kde:kpatience"? Avoiding
temporary break for the localization, or for something else?

At least I see the aforementioned drawback. I personally already spent more
time with debugging the packaging than I should have, in my opinion. :)

Also, what if there is foobar and foohelloworld? Theoritically, it would be
confusing both ways. My suggestion is that it would be good to have the
repository folder names as close to the project name as possible.

Laszlo