[Kde-games-devel] Being admins of the git repos

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:17:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> Roney, I am pleased and proud (as your former mentor) that you would like to be
> maintainer of KBounce and KNavalBattle.  That means being around for a while
> to fix bugs, consider wish list items or add any features you may fancy.  If you
> have an idea for a new feature, it is a good idea to let people on this list know,
> to give them an opportunity to discuss it.

Thank you Ian, I'll do my best do keep the games growing.

> Re responsibilities, have a look at http://techbase.kde.org/Policies
>
> The most important to read is the Commit Policy.  Although it was written for
> SVN, it would still apply to GIT, with a few minor changes.  Re Coding Style,
> that is for *library* programs, but it is good for applications to follow it too.
>
> You need to be aware of the release schedule and feature plans, currently
> for KDE 4.10, see:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules and an example at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.10_Feature_Plan#kdegames

I'm carefully reading all the texts pointed above, thank you.

I still don't feel like doing any commit in the next days since I have
to study git a little more. Surely I don't wanna begin my journey as a
maintainer stumbling on childish mistakes. :-)

> Last but not least, we keep a list of maintainers at:
>
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Games/Maintainers
>
> Please update it for KBounce and KNavalBattle.  Normally we would write
> to the previous maintainers to get their OK, but we have not heard from them
> in quite a while and you already did a lot of changes during GSoC, so you
> are effectively the maintainer already … :-)
>
> Welcome to the club!

Consider it done. Thank you! :-)

--
Roney