[Kde-games-devel] Review request: Bug 272512 - Move army dialog moves too many armies

Nemanja Hirsl nemhirsl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 13:32:19 UTC 2012

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:31:36 AM Del wrote:
> This bug has been present for years now, so I finally got around to chasing
> it down. It is always reproducible across distributions and KDE releases,
> and is rather critical for Ksirk. I posted the patch on the bug tracker,
> but I assume the mailing list is the appropriate place.
>
> Anyway, the bug is caused by the slot SlideClose being triggered twice in
> InvasionSlilder.cpp. Hence, the number on the slider (total number of armies
> to move minus three) is moved twice. I removed the duplicate entry, and
> this seems to have fixed the bug.
>
> Really small patch, just apply to current file InvasionSlider.cpp in git:
>
> 179,183c179
> <   if (invasionType == Invasion)
> <   {
> <     connect(this,SIGNAL(finished(int)),this,SLOT(slideClose()));
> <   }
> <   else if (invasionType == Moving)
> ---
>
> >   if (invasionType == Moving)
>
> Please inform me if there is more I should do here.

Hi Del,

I believe you shoud create code review, describe behavior, provide detailed
analysis (possible side effects) and tests performed.
Very nice to-do list can be found in Roney's answer to me some time ago:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=134818363717242&w=2
with a change that git reviewboard is now ready: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-
games-devel&m=134913187316402&w=2

If you have any trouble following any of these steps, do not hesitate to ask
for help.

Regards,
Nemanja