[Kde-games-devel] Sharing levels

onpon4 onpon4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:45:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I always thought it ought to be easier to share levels in KGoldrunner,
since otherwise the level editor is kind of weak. So I wrote a script
that will make it much easier by packing individual levels into their
own files (Tar or Zip archives, or perhaps binaries) which can then be
unpacked on another computer.

This is what I have so far. It's in Python, and it can either be used
from the command line or from another Python script by being imported
as a module:

http://lrforever.netii.net/games/grg.py

I chose to simply pack the necessary files into a standard Tar file
with the extension ".grg" ("GoldRunner Game").

Other than being in the command-line, it works seamlessly. I packed my
little brother's levels with it as a test, and there are no problems:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5n6cmnwvhip2pow

I would like to hear any comments about this script. Is there any way
a form of this could end up in KGoldrunner itself?