[Kde-games-devel] Release of KDE Games from GIT to distros

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 06:49:33 UTC 2012

On 14/11/2012, at 6:36 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> El Dimarts, 13 de novembre de 2012, a les 17:50:22, Ian Wadham va escriure:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> When KDE first did a release from GIT to distros, some people at
>> distros had trouble finding all the pieces that had previously been
>> packaged as "modules".  In our case that would mean finding each
>> game and the KDE Games libraries, now that they are no longer
>> in one module, located in one repository.
>>
>> I hope this situation is under control since our move to GIT.  Do we
>> have a "superbuild" or whatever it takes to keep distro guys happy?
>
> For 4.9 i (and Torgny that are alternating release dudes) am continuing the
> release of a monolithic tarball with all of the kdegames repo inside.
>
> This is not planned for 4.10 since no other "old module" is shipped this way.

So how will a distro get a complete list of all KDE games and the locations of
their repositories?  Does he/she go to https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegames
and click through to each repository or what?

What ensures that all games are picked up?  I count 39 games and 2 libraries
on that list, but people write of there being 40 games.

Cheers, Ian W.