[Kde-games-devel] Release of KDE Games from GIT to distros

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 07:07:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> When KDE first did a release from GIT to distros, some people at
> distros had trouble finding all the pieces that had previously been
> packaged as "modules".  In our case that would mean finding each
> game and the KDE Games libraries, now that they are no longer
> in one module, located in one repository.
>
> I hope this situation is under control since our move to GIT.  Do we
> have a "superbuild" or whatever it takes to keep distro guys happy?

I've heard some distros also say it's a lot easier long term, because
they don't have to split packages down themselves. I would check with
some before you make a superbuild.

I was going to suggest to email the release-team mailing list. It
should have a lot of the key distribution packagers on it. Then I
found this seems to have come up before.
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2012-September/006407.html