[Kde-games-devel] [PANIC] Git conversion deadline approaching

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Wed May 9 13:55:11 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012, 18:46:12 schrieb Viranch Mehta:
> Sounds fair. I'll go ahead with kbreakout for now. Do we have a successful
> conversion to git
> of a game for reference and/or example of the conversion? I'm looking at
> kde-rueset repo
> and I want to look at a ruleset that has been successful and is there in
> KDE's git infrastructure.

please have a closer look at
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Games/Git_Conversion_Progress

for most games, conversion rules exist, and also scratch git repositories
generated by those rules.

As I understand it, no game is finally moved from svn to git unless all game
conversions are ready.

You can clone kbreakout with

git clone git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/coates/kbreakout-conversion-test.git

kbreakout as in this scratch still has a problem with the tags. A tag should
not point to an empty commit. There is a helper scripts bin/fix-tags which
should fix that. After that, use remove-fb-backup-refs.sh and probably
all of remove-*.sh

IMHO it should somehow be documented what exactly has to be done in
which order. For the conversion rules I wrote you can find scripts like
kreversi-convert.sh

what is mostly missing is checking all those conversions. And changing the
cmake files such that each game can be built on its own.

--
Wolfgang