[Kde-games-devel] Build system changes: new library libkdegamesprivate

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun May 6 04:55:41 UTC 2012

On 02/05/2012, at 1:47 AM, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> while I'm writing this mail, I'm pushing some commits which split most
> deprecated API from libkdegames into a private library, which is
> consequently called libkdegamesprivate. The build system of
> libkdegames and the rest of kdegames has been adjusted, and includes
> have been changed as necessary.
>
> I recommend that you `make uninstall` your working copy before you
> update it. Quite some header files have been moved, and this might
> confuse CMake. If the build breaks, please consider wiping your build
> directory (where wipe is not `make clean`, but `rm -rf build`).

This build is crashing all over the landscape for me.  First I did rm -rf of both
my build/kdegames (build area) and my $KDEDIR (install area).

The problem seems to be that libkdegamesprivate is needing KGameRenderer
from libkdegames, but libkdegames has not been built and installed (yet).  See
attached CMake output, obtained by brute-force commenting out of all
games in CMakeLists.txt (see attached).  OTOH, it could be that I am picking
up /opt/local/lib/libkdegames.5.1.0.dylib, but that is for KDE 4.8.2 games,
which should have KGameRenderer anyway, I would think.

I forced libkdegames and libkdegamesprivate to build and install by
commenting out the build of KGameCanvas, but now (using unedited
CMakeLists.txt files and with a set of games libraries already installed)
every game build seems to find that the KStandardGameAction methods
are undefined.

I am seriously held up by this and that means that Avnee and Roney will
soon be held up, too.

Over to you, Stefan … :-)

Cheers, Ian W.