[Kde-games-devel] Mentor for the Project "Write a KDE game using QML/Qt Quick"

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:32:24 UTC 2012

On 23/03/2012, at 6:16 PM, Arjun Basu wrote:

> I wanted to participate in GSoC this year on the project mentioned in the subject. I have been on the mailing list for some time but I don't know yet who is going to mentor this project. Can someone please help me in this regard.

Good question.  If I understand correctly, KDE itself has only recently been accepted as a
mentor organisation for 2012.  This happened a few days ago on 17 March.  It is now time
for KDE mentors to register with Google and be agreed to by KDE.  After that, we will see who
has stepped up.  Mentors are not matched to successful student applicants until later.

What we are doing here, now, is seeing what interested student applicants can do and
helping you (I hope) with any questions you may have before you put in your proposal
to Google.

Unfortunately I personally cannot act as a mentor and even if I could, I know nothing of
QML/Qt Quick so could not mentor your project if it were to be accepted.

I hope somebody *will* offer to mentor QML/Qt Quick  projects, maybe even somebody from
another KDE group who is experienced in QML/Qt Quick.  We will all have to wait and see.

All the best, Ian W.