[Kde-games-devel] ksnape has binary data

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Thu Mar 22 01:41:04 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, 22. März 2012, 11:52:15 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> I suggest the binary might be the GIF format of the same picture as
> is in the XPM, so I would say delete it.

I searched again and I found this page:

http://www.trilon.com/xv/downloads.html

saying:
 Patch to fix XPM file output errors
By cleverly harnessing the amazing power of a missing 'break' statement, xv
was writing XPM files with a FITS version of the image conveniently tacked on
the end. Hilarity ensues.

So it is not GIF but FITS (never heard that before). I checked the xv source
code, everything after the }; actually is FITS output.

And if I remove the XPM part from Bark.xpm gimp does open this as
a FITS image file.

So now I feel confident we can remove those binary parts - I will write
a git filter-branch for that

--
Wolfgang