[Kde-games-devel] ksnape has binary data

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Mar 20 20:48:51 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012, 07:38:06 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> On 20/03/2012, at 6:30 PM, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > if you checkout r54101, you find files like data/backgrounds/Bark.xpm
> >
> > because they start like text files git treats them as such. But
> > they end with binary data, so the audit filters will not accept pushing
> > that.
> >
> > how can I tell git they are binary? I suppose that should be done by
> > svn2git but that contains no code which looks like allowing that
> > (grep gitattributes)
> >
> > or do I need yet another audit exception?
>
> Could you just throw away the binary data?  IIRC .xpm files are supposed
> to be compilable in C, so they should normally end at the "};" line.

I thought so too but it seems sometimes programs append things.
In Bark.xpm, XV (image viewer) appended tags in non-ascii-form.

Maybe I can strip the binary data after the }; like you propose but I am
not so sure about it. I would certainly not be willing to test if the
result still works like it should (with libraries as they were at that time).
In any case this would lose history - in Bark.xpm the tag fields look like

HISTORY Written by XV 3.10a
COMMENT   Imported from GIF image: bark.gif

--
Wolfgang