[Kde-games-devel] kolf, kolf2, kolf-ng

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sun Mar 18 04:59:40 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, 17. März 2012, 13:12:13 schrieb Parker Coates:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 12:17, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > there is kolf2 and kolf-ng in playground.
> >
> > Right now I import them too but because they both start from scratch
> > they never branch off from kolf master. They are simply separate
> > unconnected branches.
> >
> > is that OK or should I rather not put them into the kolf git repo?
>
> What happens if you parentmap them off of the master branch (branching
> off from the nearest SVN revision proceeding the first playground
> commit)? Does the first commit in the branch delete all existing files
> before adding its own, or does it mix the new files in with the
> existing files?

yes, the content of the commits looks correct. I've done it that way.

Now I need to remove sounds/.Makefile.am.swp and change crlf to lf
in kolflib_export.h - otherwise the audit filters don't let me push this.

removing the vim swap file works but converting crlf to lf results
in large parts of the commit history being duplicated, and I cannot
get rid of the old commits.

Is there something obviously wrong with this?

git filter-branch --tree-filter kolf-tree-filter --tag-name-filter cat HEAD
git reflog expire --expire=now --all
git gc

where kolf-tree-filter is:
#!/bin/bash

rm -f sounds/.Makefile.am.swp

test -r kolflib_export.h && fromdos kolflib_export.h

exit 0

--
Wolfgang