[Kde-games-devel] Junior job not only for GSoCers: Low-latency sound playback with KgSound

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 01:07:32 UTC 2012

On 03/07/2012 08:10 PM, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> If you decide to work on porting a game, do not hesitate to ask for
> further assistance on this mailing list. Once your patch is done,
> upload it to http://svn.reviewboard.kde.org to get it reviewed.

Hi, I began to browse Kapman's source code in an attempt to port it to
KgSound, but some doubts came to my mind. Here follows the first.

In the following assignment:
m_media1 = Phonon::createPlayer(Phonon::Gamecategory)

A sound file is "attached" to m_media1, but in the documentation[1] I
saw that this function takes a second argument (const MediaSource&
source), that is the source of the sound file itself.

So, taking in consideration that I can't explicitly see the file passed,
wich file should I choose when calling the KgSound's constructor?

[1]http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/phonon.html#createPlayer