[Kde-games-devel] naming of Tags and Branches

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 01:31:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

with respect to branch and tag names the following question just
occurred.

What happens if a game comes from Extragear with all its own version
numbers? It might have had a v4.9.1 tag and a 4.9 branch already when
entering the kdegames module.

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MovetoGit/Progress indicates that the
rest of KDE is using
   KDE/X.Y
as branch names. Why don't we? Any reason or did it just happen?

The problem would remain for tags. At least kdelibs uses
   vX.Y.Z

So, are we ignoring the fact and see how to solve it when the case
actually occurs, by e.g renaming the tags of the particular game?

Regards