[Kde-games-devel] GSoC 2012 - Porting Games to QML

Mehmet Emre maemre2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 16:56:03 UTC 2012

I wish to participate to Google Summer of Code 2012. I saw 2 ideas in the
Ideas Page of KDE for GSoC:
 - Project: Port games to more modern graphics frameworks
 - Project: Write a KDE game using QML ("Qt Quick")

As a project I may port some of the games which are written in KGameCanvas
to QGraphicsView. Moreover I may port those games to QML (Qt Quick). In this way
we can kill two birds with one stone. We can get rid of deprecated
KGameCanvas and
see what improvements do we need in libkdegames in order to create QML-based
games.

Before making a project proposal, I considered that inquiring here would be more
proper and here I might get help for shaping the project proposal.

I'm already experienced with Qt4 and C++ also I'm currently working on a simple
tool (a GUI for vga_switcheroo) that uses QML.

--
Mehmet Emre
Freshman at Bogazici University Computer Engineering Department