[Kde-games-devel] GSoC ideas, mentors

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sat Mar 3 11:10:19 UTC 2012

On 03/03/2012 03:02 AM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> On 21/02/2012, at 8:15 AM, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
>> please have a look at http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas#KDE_Games
>>
>> I've added two ideas to a) port away from KGameCanvas and
>> non-KGameRenderer and b) get our feet wet on QML-based games. (My
>> primary interest with the latter is not to port every game, but to
>> know how we can support QML-based games from the library side of
>> things.) There is also an idea in the Telepathy section which is about
>> enabling multiplayer sessions using Telepathy.
>>
>> Because of real-life commitments, I will probably not be available as
>> a mentor, but I would like to co-mentor on the Telepathy thing. Is
>> there anybody who would like to mentor one of the other projects
>> (provided that students apply for them)?
> I would be interested in mentoring for the porting --- idea a) …  What do
> I need to do further?  Do I need any qualifications?  Is there an age limit?
> I will be 74 this month … :-)
>
> Cheers, Ian W.
LOL no there's no age limit (ah ah I feel young for once)! Mentoring is
about transmitting an expertise and guiding young people to work with
FOSS communities so you're 200% fit and it's really great for the KDE
community that you are part of it.

What you should do is subscribe to the kde-soc-mentor mailing list in
order to get information on what to do to register as a mentor to Google
when it's time

Best regards,

Anne-Marie