[Kde-games-devel] Mobile Platforms

Christian Krippendorf Coding at Christian-Krippendorf.de
Sat Jul 7 15:58:48 UTC 2012

On 07.07.2012 17:54, Mathias Kraus wrote:
> Am Samstag, 7. Juli 2012, 14:53:09 schrieb Inge Wallin:
>>> Well, I think going mobile means going QML first and that is a huge porting
>>> efford and will take time.
>>> On the other side, QML might help to to attract new developers, since it
>>> is the new shiny thing and maybe we can convice some people learning
>>> QML by porting some games.
>> I am very much in favor of doing this. However, as somebody who has very
>> little time for games programming I want to use my time as efficiently as
>> possible. This means that I should probably not dive into the intricacies of
>> QML right now.
>>
>> But I would be interested in working together with somebody who can do QML and
>> who would be interested to work with somebody who can do refactorings and
>> general AI work.  Any takers? If so, we can start with KReversi which I know
>> well and which is reasonably easy to work with.
>>
>> For my own part I am mostly talking about the board games here. I guess the
>> animated games like KBounce and KGoldRunner are harder but still possible.
> A possible way would be
>
> 1. Wait for the results of the SoC
> 2. A few maintainer of a large games should port a small game to QML
>     (something like kmines)
> 3. Extend libkdegames to use QML, with the experience from the porting of the
>     small games and keeping in mind what would be needed for the large games.
>     As an alternative, temporary use a separate library like tagaro until things settle
>     down and the move it the libkdegames like KgSound
> 4. Spread the idea of learning QML by porting an existing game
>
> Regards,
> Mathias

I am currently one the way of porting to QGraphics-Framework and now the
next portings are planed... that is very demotivating. It feels like
nothing will be finished anytime... :-(

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Christian Krippendorf