[Kde-games-devel] Move to git now?

Frederik Scharzer schwarzer at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 15:18:54 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012, 15:18:48 schrieb Christian Krippendorf:
> On 31.01.2012 13:48, Frederik Scharzer wrote:

Hi,

> > SVN is a totally valid tool to work with. Especially in real
> > life. Just because Git is the new pot of gold, does not mean,
> > people suddenly stop recognising SVN. But well, please do not
> > warm up old Git vs. SVN discussions. That's not the issue here.
>
> And that is not what i want, ... i know we already decide to
> switch, ... just the speed it goes on is... very^10 slow? We are
> not the only project having problems with big files in git or
> deciding between one repo and many small repos. But here the
> discussion goes on and on and on... and on.

For once, this issue is not trivial. We have to live with what's
coming out of it. So rushing it based on feelings or irrational
statements might harm the whole thing.

But the real issue, or let's say the elephant in the room is, writing
the rules. So, if noone with enough time at their hands and enough
skill to write correct rules steps up to do so, we will just stay
here.

Let's be clear again. Everybody knows the direction. Everybody
accepted the way to go (except for minor details). We are not really
stuck in the discussion because we cannot agree on where to go. It's
just that someone has to start rowing. And on the way, the minor
details will be resolved by facts (like the repo sizes) instead of
more or less educated guessing.

Regards