[Kde-games-devel] Move to git now?

Christian Krippendorf Coding at Christian-Krippendorf.de
Tue Jan 31 10:20:00 UTC 2012

On 31.01.2012 02:10, Parker Coates wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 18:26, Kleag<kleag at free.fr>  wrote:
>> Le mardi 31 janvier 2012 00:02:45 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
>>> El Dilluns, 30 de gener de 2012, a les 23:48:30, Kleag va escriure:
>>> How much does it take for you to download 500MB? It takes a while for me, a
>>> pretty good way to put off contributors ;-)
I really don't think we are responsible for users internet speed or disk
space. There are maybe also some people outside not having a computer,
but want to help on source or documentation, now should we send out
printed versions?

500MB isn't really much today so i think we can anser this size.
>> For me, it would be around 20 or 30 minutes, but just for the first time I
>> suppose.
> Another issue is that Git can't resume a clone if the connection is
> interrupted midway. So big repos are a problem for those with slow
> connections AND those with unstable connections.
Here also, ... it is bad for those people getting an unstable
connection. But come on, ... we can't stand still in technology just
cause of some having a unstable connection....!!! Ask your provider then....

I really don't want to be a bad guy but we don't come forward cause some
people maybe will have a problem.... really sad. Maybe we are also
loosing many contributors cause they want to help a bit, try to get the
source and: "What? SVN? Come on... i'll do other things...".

Don't want to blame svn but this is the RL. So let's go ahead and don't
try to solve every little problem that maybe occurs for one or two
people... we are not an aid agency. :-)
> Parker

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Christian Krippendorf