[Kde-games-devel] Move to git now?

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:28:59 UTC 2012

Moin,

I'm just thinking about git vs. SVN again. Git would be very
beneficial because the libkdegames5 work can start right now, in a
branch. One of the main arguments against a git move currently does
not hold: We are just past a major release, so it's not a big problem
if development stalls a bit now because of the conversion.

But still, the problems with data files in git are not solved. Can we
please do this now? In the other mail, I thought about migrating only
libkdegames to git, and leaving the games in SVN. But that won't work.
The games need to have a v5 branch, too, so changes in libkdegames5
can be tested.

Greetings
Stefan