[Kde-games-devel] Contributing to KDE-Games

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Feb 24 14:40:19 UTC 2012

Hi Arjun,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:56:24 +0530
Arjun Basu <arjunkbasu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all ,
>
> I am Arjun Basu. I want to start contributing to KDE Games. I have
> knowledge of C++, Qt and some basic QML. As this would be my first
> contribution so can anyone suggest a small bug fix or feature addition
> related to KDE games which I can do. I didn't find anything in the Junior
> Jobs section of bugs.kde.org

One option for you would be to complete the integration of fc-solve
( http://fc-solve.shlomifish.org/ ) into KPatience. See the relevant threads
at:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&r=1&b=201101&w=2

Currently, KPat's Simple Simon solver is not functional, and often results in
endless loops, and fc-solve has a better Simple Simon solver (and also provides
many different algorithms for solving Freecell and similar games). Stephan Kulow
wanted to have an AbstractSolver class, instead of my patch (that can be found
in the BitBucket / Mercurial repository here:
https://bitbucket.org/shlomif/kdegames - it may no longer apply cleanly), and
I agree that it would be a good idea.

Note that it doesn't involve a lot of GUI programming.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish