[Kde-games-devel] Problems with standalone KDE Game build

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 03:04:12 UTC 2012

On 28/08/2012, at 8:59 PM, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:

> Am Montag, 27. August 2012, 20:46:48 schrieb Ian Wadham:
>>>
>>> so now I changed all games containing the string KGameRenderer. Are there
>>> any other games needing libkdegames 4.9.0?
>>>
>>> M       bomber/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kbattleship/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       granatier/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       klickety/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       knetwalk/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       killbots/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kbounce/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kbreakout/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kolf/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kollision/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       klines/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kdiamond/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kmines/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       katomic/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kreversi/CMakeLists.txt
>>> M       kpat/CMakeLists.txt
>>
>> Yes: any that are not in the above set and use one of the "Kg" classes or
>> maybe even one of Stefan's "kitten killers", i.e. the deprecated classes
>> that have been move into libkdegamesprivate/.  But ask Stefan.  He
>> made the changes …  He might even have some scripts that would help.
>>
>> The code using libkdegamesprivate/ should contain lines like:
>>
>>    #define USE_UNSTABLE_LIBKDEGAMESPRIVATE_API
>>    #include <libkdegamesprivate/blahblah>
>
> kbattleship/knavalbattle and kbounce: CMakeLists.txt mentions
> libkdegamesprivate as dependeny, but it is not used anymore.
> I fixed that.

Well spotted.  Those games have indeed been recently ported to
KGameRenderer, Kg classes and QGV, during GSoC 2012.

>> where "blahblah" is something like "kgamecanvas.h".
>>
>> The "Kg" classes are:
>
> I added that dependency to all games needing libkdegamesprivate
> or any of the Kg* classes.
>

> M       kfourinline/CMakeLists.txt
> M       kblocks/CMakeLists.txt
> M       kgoldrunner/CMakeLists.txt
> M       ksirk/CMakeLists.txt
> M       ksudoku/CMakeLists.txt
> M       ktron/CMakeLists.txt
> M       kblackbox/CMakeLists.txt
> M       kshisen/CMakeLists.txt
> M       bovo/CMakeLists.txt
> M       kmahjongg/CMakeLists.txt
> M       kapman/CMakeLists.txt

Great work, Wolfgang.

To those I added:

  M       kjumpingcube/CMakeLists.txt

as requiring libkdegames 4.9.0 and backported the change to the 4.9
branch. When working on it, I happened to notice it is using KgTheme.

Cheers. Ian W.