[Kde-games-devel] GIT Conversion status

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:30:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Viranch Mehta <viranch.mehta at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a GSoC student, going to be working on KBreakout. I would like to
> know its Git conversion status. I have extensively worked with Git and I
> would prefer doing this project also with Git, since I am not too familiar
> with
> SVN. The fact that I have to be connected to the internet for making each
> SVN commit makes me kind of uncomfortable.

I propose the following workflow:

1. We import the source tree of KBreakout and KDiamond into two
scratch repos, without any history. The initial commit will also patch
the build system as required.
2. The students then push their work to these repos.
3. When kdegames is converted to Git, the students can easily move to
the new origin repositories using a three-point rebase. (I'm familiar
with this process and can post a detailed explanation once this
becomes relevant.

If this is okay for the students and the mentors, I'll go ahead and
create the required repos with the required build system patches.

Greetings
Stefan