[Kde-games-devel] KBounce Compilation Problem

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:22:26 UTC 2012

On 25/04/2012, at 7:30 AM, Roney Gomes wrote:
> On 04/24/2012 06:01 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> Please when sending patches send patches that do one thing one. Mixing a
>> whitespace change with a "let's include a header so it compiles" change it's
>> not a good idea as it just makes the patch harder to review.
>
> I disagree. How could it be hard to review? It's just a 17 lines file with very small changes. Changes that you rapidly identified and pointed in your answer.

Rule 1 of GSoC, never argue with the mentor … :-)

Rule 2 of GSoC, never argue with members of the KDE Games group: the
mentor argues with them enough already … :-)

Rule 3 of GSoC, never argue with Albert: he has more knowledge of KDE
in his little finger than the mentor has in his whole body … :-)

On a more serious note, there is a KDE convention not to mix *large numbers*
of whitespace changes (such as re-indenting) with other changes, even if
you are the author/maintainer: the reason being that the significant changes
become hard to find in a forest of white space change-lines.

Cheers, Ian W.