[Kde-games-devel] KDE Games on GSoC

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:40:57 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

This is to let you know that I decided at the last minute to apply to be a
mentor for KDE Games and was accepted about 24 hours ago.

Since then I have been bombarded with a list of about 195 proposals
and an email in-tray of well over 100 emails today.  Lydia Pintscher on
kde-soc-mentor at kde.org has set up a scoring system and a shared
spreadsheet on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1cWa29jR2idDhLY0lhNlluZlVvbm5KcHlUcU15WGc#gid=0
but maybe that is accessible only to mentors.

Within that I have set up a KDE Games sheet and done my best to rank
the proposals as requested by Lydia.  I found 10 proposals re KDE Games
and have tried to rank them, but I need help on the QML based projects.
I cannot mentor them myself.  I have also been asked (and so has everybody
else), at very short notice (i.e. by 10th April), to say how many slots our group
would like, so I had to pick a number, but am not too happy at having to do so.
As they say in Australia, "You've gotta to be in it to win it!".

Assuming a QML mentor can be found, I have asked for enough slots
to cover a QML project.  I have one possible lead on finding a mentor,
perhaps not a very strong one, but would welcome others.

I find it difficult to say more on this list.  So much stuff is private until
slots are allocated and proposals accepted.  Also I do not feel I can
represent the group adequately on the QML front.

Any ideas on how we can act more as a group on this? Stefan?

Cheers, Ian W.

PS. I cannot easily do IRC.  I am at UTC + 10.