[Kde-games-devel] Adding muliplayer support for Kigo (Go)

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 02:08:02 UTC 2012

Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> Am Freitag, 30. März 2012, 11:08:49 schrieb Arjun Basu:
>> I was wondering if there are any existing protocols for network "go"
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Text_Protocol
> http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gnugo/gnugo_32.html
>
> did you see this in kogi/src/game/game.h?
>
>  * The Game class implements the Go game and acts as a wrapper around a
>  * remote Go Game game implementing the Go Text Protocol (GTP). It uses
>  * GTP protocol version 2 and interfaces the game executable in an
>  * synchronous manor. The best supported game should (naturally)
>  * be GnuGo.

Let's say 'game client' is a graphical app that a human player can use to
play Go, and 'Go engine' is an AI program that plays the game automatically.

As far as I know, there are two kinds of protocols:
- For either a normal game client or a computer Go engine to talk to a
network server to play against other people; or,
- For a local game client to talk to a local Go engine.

I think the comment you found is about the latter.

However, I couldn't find unambiguous information about this online, so I may
be wrong.

--
Nicolas