[Kde-games-devel] Git Conversion: Broken Tags

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Mon Apr 2 14:31:31 UTC 2012

Am Montag, 2. April 2012, 16:08:50 schrieben Sie:
> Am Montag, 2. April 2012, 15:54:58 schrieb Frederik Schwarzer:
> > But I am not sure I got that right. The script does not run
> > unless I add a variable at the beginning and after the run only
> > the colours of the tags changed.
>
> here, the tags stay yellow and the commits they are marking have
> one parent less.
>
> after the run, remove the original tags
> with bin/remove-fb-backup-refs.sh. The original marks are shown
> white in gitk

fix-tags moves the tag to the parent of its former commit here. The
"created" commit is then marked gray. remove-fb-backup-refs does not
change anything here.

Thanks your your help. It is really appreciated. But as long as there
are dozens of scripts that have to interact with other not-in-bin
scripts, run in certain environments and are to be run in a certain
order without a single word of documentation, I do not see how there
can be a predictable outcome. So I will leave it at that for today and
try again when my frustration declines.

Regards