[Kde-games-devel] Re: KGoldrunner now uses TagaroAudio, OpenAL and SndFile

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:01:41 CEST 2011

On Thursday 12 May 2011 9:57:18 am Mathias Kraus wrote:
> Ian Wadham schrieb am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2011:
> > I just deleted the "/ 1.5" and changed 1.5 to 1.0 in another line,
> > so then the sample rate and the pitch setting stayed in step with each
> > other.  I have committed the code changes.
>
> So did I. I was not sure if the whole line was for debug or just the 1.5.

I think the 1.5 factor slowed down the sample rate and compensated by
raising the pitch.  Removing the factor should give more samples/sec and
better quality sound, but my ears cannot detect the difference ... :-)
Whether you remove the rest of the line may be a stylistic decision we
can leave to Stefan.

> btw. just commited the changes to make OpenAL and SndFile a hard dependency
> for Granatier, yay :)

Just committed KGoldrunner with OpenAL and SndFile as a hard dependency :-)
Also emailed the release-team list.

Cheers, Ian W.