[Kde-games-devel] Re: Game mancala

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:12:30 CEST 2011

[Dal Horinek - Montag, 25. April 2011 21:43:23]

Hi,

and sorry for the late answer. The KDEGames-Team is currently kind of
sparsely populated so things are moving quite slowly.

> I have developed a board game from Mancala game family, it's Kalah game
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalah), but it's called Mancala, because
> it's best know, I guess. This game's been made as school project with
> some features as history of moves, game savings, best move suggestion etc.
>
> I've inspired in some other KDE Games and I've tried to create it in the
> manner of other KDE Games.
>
> If you are interested in, I would love to have the game part of KDE
> Games, anyway that's not up to me at all, so that's the reason why I'm
> writing this mail.
>
> What are conditions to have the game added to KDE games?

KDE is in the process of moving from the Subversion repository to the
new Git infrastructure. This built on top of ist current understaffed
condition, makes it hard to accept new games in the main module (this
is no "no", just an opinion and some observation). However, there is
the Extragear module, currently only holding Knights (the chess game)
which might be a better place for now. If you want to be there, you
have to ask for inclusion (on kde-devel, I think) and go to kdereview
first.

When KDEGames finally moved to Git, it can be easier to integrate new
games and move old ones to Extragear, or so.

In general it would be nice if the game was in some code repo, so it
can be checked-out and built. Using it is worth thousand words. :D
Or is it in a too early stage? In that case, you could go to the
Playground module first until a first release approaches.

I hope I could shed some light here.

Regards