[Kde-games-devel] Getting kDebug to go

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue May 3 06:14:01 CEST 2011

I must be missing something very obvious, so I hesitate to
approach kde-devel on this one.  I built all of KDE and qt-copy
from anongit and anonsvn, using the kdesrc-build script.  Now I am
re-building kdegames from svn+ssh://ianw@svn.kde.org/home/kde,
but I can *not* get kDebug() to produce any output.

I have tried setting "cmake-options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug"
both locally in "module kdegames" and globally, in my .kdesrc-buildrc
file.  I deleted the entire kdegames build directory before each try.

The qt-copy module was compiled with -debug and the qDebug()
method *does* produce output.

I looked in Techbase under "debugging", but the pages on kDebug
and "areas" seem to be old and there is a broken link re areas.

Any ideas?
Cheers, Ian W.