[Kde-games-devel] Re: Move Tagaro code into SVN?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue May 3 05:54:26 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 03 May 2011 1:48:51 am Parker Coates wrote:
> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 00:43, Ian Wadham wrote:
> > On Friday 15 April 2011 6:35:06 am Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> >> P.S. Everyone is invited to review the code, of course. Look at the
> >> current master branch of kde:libtagaro.
> >
> > So where did we go with this?  I do not see Tagaro in KDE Reviewboard.
>
> Excellent question. :)

Stefan, where are you?

> > More to the point, I would like to use OpenAL sound and TagaroAudio in
> > the KDE 4.7 version of KGoldrunner.  So how should I proceed?  Also,
> > I just missed the Soft Feature Freeze by a couple of days.  Can I still
> > get the feature in?  There should not be any new messages.
>
> If the existing sound setup really is that bad, I'm pretty sure you
> could consider the port to TagaroAudio a bugfix instead of a feature,
> as long as it's done before the dependency freeze.

Thanks, Parker.  I think I will go that way.  Even if I could get Phonon to
play the KGoldrunner sounds properly on my setup, it would still not do
a complete job with the shortest sounds and overlapping sounds, but
OpenAL does.  So changing to OpenAL could be considered a bugfix.

All the best, Ian W.