[Kde-games-devel] Re: [Kde-scm-interest] Re: RFC: git move proposal; "duolithic" kdegames

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Thu Mar 3 16:21:16 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 March 2011 15:24:33 Ian Monroe wrote:
> To me kdegames is a textbook case for split repos: you have a very
> simple dependency graph and largely independent projects, both
> technically and socially.

From real-world experience I'd also recommend this. It is much less painful to
have small repositories. It means, e.g., that you can actually push without
having to do the pull, merge, pull --rebase (again) and then push dance.
(Because any push to a completely unrelated part of the big repo is going to
force you to pull before you can push).

Note that I am not and will likely never be a kde-games dev.

--
kind regards, Esben