[Kde-games-devel] Re: TagaroAudio Bugfix

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:12:04 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess it would be nice, too, if TagaroAudio could automatically delete
> instances of sounds after they have finished playing.

IIRC problem is that the OpenAL API does not offer anything to
determine when a sound has finished playing. The only general solution
would be polling. Concerning the playback problem, one could do
cleanup of finished sounds on every Sound::start() call. Without
having looked at Mathias' patch in detail, that's probably what he
does.

Re proposed features: A Sound::pause() method should be easy, as far
as I remember the API. Concerning multiple objects moving differently
with the same sound (e.g. the rattling trains), you can already start
PlaybackEvents of the same Sound at different locations with the
Sound::start(QPointF) overload, but moving of PlaybackEvents during
their playback is unsupported (because the PlaybackEvents are not
exposed in the API).

Greetings
Stefan