[Kde-games-devel] TagaroAudio Bugfix

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Fri Jun 17 22:06:46 CEST 2011

Hello together,

there is a bug in TagaroAudio which leads to mute sound. The bug is triggered
after the same sound is played 256 times.
Every time a sound is played, an AlSource is created but never deleted.
I have a bugfix/workaround which tests if the source is valid and uses that
source instead of creating a new one. The drawback is, that the playback from
that source is stopped (if running) and immediately starts from the beginning.
In the case there is no position specified for the playback, there is not much
difference to the previous perception. But if there is a position specified,
it might sound bad.
As I don't use positional playback in granatier, the bugfix is sufficient for
my needs, but I have to found a proper one with the help from Stefan.
I know from at least KGoldrunner to also use TagaroAudio, so please port the
bugfix (commit 1237315) to your copy of TagaroAudio if you encounter the same
problem.

Greetings,
Mathias