[Kde-games-devel] Re: KDE games strategy

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 02:40:59 CEST 2011

On 27/07/2011, at 12:40 AM, Inge Wallin wrote:
> * Improve the AI's for the games that have one.
> This is where my own programming strength lies, and I think I can at least
> spice up KReversi, Bovo and KFourInLine. I would love to create games like
> Lines of Action and Amazons and it shouldn't be too difficult given that I
> already have AI's lying around for them, and creating new boards should be
> simple.  But should I?

I don't know if this qualifies as an "AI" but something bad happened to the
puzzle generator in KSudoku a while back and now the puzzles are all too
easy, no matter what difficulty level you choose.  It makes the game far too
easy for all but a raw beginner.  There are bug reports on this and it
certainly needs attention.  I had a quick look at it, but am having trouble
understanding the code ...

All the best, Ian W.