[Kde-games-devel] KGameRenderer compile fails on Mac OS X

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:00:48 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

A month or so ago I acquired a Macbook Pro laptop running Apple OS X 10.6.8
(Snow Leopard).  This is a BSD-like environment.  I have used a service called
Macports to build all the KDE Games and some other KDE apps.  Macports
links to a package called qt-mac at Qt version 4.7.3, which makes applications
based on Qt run in native Mac OS X windows (i.e. menubar only at top of screen,
toolbar combined into the title bar, etc.).  Our games mostly run very nicely in
this environment, but that is another story.

Unfortunately, Macports port of kdegames4 is back at KDE version 4.5.5, though the
kdelibs is at 4.6.5.  Seems to work OK. though.

Encouraged by this, I checked out trunk of KDE Games and built it using the above
kdelibs and qt-mac versions.  It all compiles and builds OK except for
KGameRenderer and those games that use it.  The compiler diagnostics are in the
attached log file, starting at line 170.  It does not like QHash<QColor, QColor>
apparently.

The doco for QHash (4.7.3) says that the Key type of a QHash must provide an
== operator and a "global hash function called qHash()".  There does not seem
to be a qHash() function for QColor.  Could this be the problem?  Any other ideas?

At the moment I am having to skip building all the games that depend on
KGameRenderer ... :-(

All the best, Ian W.