[Kde-games-devel] Announce: KGameBasicWindow is being merged on Monday

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 22 23:18:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

I don't want to bury this somewhere in the Review Request update:
Unless no one objects, I will merge my KGameBasicWindow work branch
with trunk on Monday UTC, unless no one objects.

This change introduces a new build system flag "KDEGAMESMOBILE",
which, if enabled, adds the new KGameBasicWindow class to the
libkdegames build, and configures compatible applications via #ifdef
to use KGameBasicWindow instead of KXmlGuiWindow. All of this is off
by default, so the desktop interface will stay the same. The patch
only includes changes in KDiamond so far, but I plan to port all other
games where the interface paradigm behind KGameBasicWindow works.

The change also increases the library version for libkdegames from
5.1.0 to 5.2.0. The SO version is unchanged.

If you happen to disagree with any of these changes, please let me
know by Sunday. The patch is available from [1]. Configure with "cmake
-DKDEGAMESMOBILE=ON" for the mobile version.

Greetings
Stefan

[1] https://svn.reviewboard.kde.org/r/6744/