[Kde-games-devel] Move to git

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 31 23:50:30 CET 2011

Hi,

as you probably noticed, the Git transition is moving faster than
ever, so the following questions come up again:

1. When do we want to move? (I'm in favor of yesterday, though we
should probably wait for the results of the merge-vs.-cherrypick
discussion on k-c-d.)
2. Do we want a monolithic repository or split repositories per game?
Given the current team size and the forthcoming changes regarding
Project Tagaro, I'm in favor of a monolithic repo.

If we take the monolithic approach, I would also like to propose that
libtagaro is merged right after the move as an unstable/private
library. Then the static source copies of parts of Tagaro in Kolf and
Granatier can be removed, and e.g. KDiamond can benefit from the
improved theme loading capabilities in TagaroGraphics.

Greetings
Stefan