[Kde-games-devel] Updates on TagaroGraphics

Sun Jan 2 05:00:09 CET 2011

Heya,

long time no see! As you probably noticed, I had quite a bad ping time via
email lately. This was partly due to KMail 2, partly to holiday stress. I hope
to catch up soon.

I just wanted to tell ya I've just merged the theming-2.0 branch into
libtagaro master. Highlights:
* I've killed the Renderer class. Synchronous rendering goes via Sprite class
now, legacy properties are in GraphicsSourceConfig, and theme loading is in
ThemeProvider.
* Themes can have multiple graphics sources now (instead of just one SVG
theme).
* In addition to SVG files, arbitrary image files and plain color images are
now supported too. (The latter makes for a good debug theme.)

All the new bells and whistles are totally optional; backwards compatibility
is retained as much as possible. Porting from KGameRenderer to Tagaro should
be nearly as simple as s/KGame/Tagaro::/g, modulo some reorganizations of
responsibilities (like KGameTheme and KGameRenderer being merged into
Tagaro::StandardThemeProvider).

Greetings
Stefan