[Kde-games-devel] Re: Game Ideas

Pranav Ravichandran prp.1111 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:48:11 CET 2011

Thanks for the pointer, I got a general understanding of the problem. I have
absolutely no problem dropping the idea, I can try and brainstorm for more
non-newgame related ideas :D After all, I'm passionate about wanting to
develop for KDE, though I'm new right now. I would love trying to apply for
other projects too, but I just thought I'd start out with KDE games since
that's a domain I hold special interest for :)

But just in case, here's the overview:

Bulls and Cows <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulls_and_cows>, a
code-breaking kinda game. The normal Bulls and Cows includes only the number
mode, but I actually found it quite entertaining and VERY
vocabulary-enriching when it is played with proper dictionary words,
something that I did out of a whim. My idea is to design a KDE version of
this game which includes number and word modes. This might also fit under
the KDE-edu project, as I've been asked to forward this idea to their
mailing list :)

I also had Battleships
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_%28game%29>in mind.

Cheers,