[Kde-games-devel] Re: Move to git

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Wed Feb 2 11:27:33 CET 2011

On Mittwoch 02 Februar 2011, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > BTW what would happen to doc/ if each game had its own git
> > repo? Currently all manuals are in their own sub-module.
>
> Grouping docs with the apps is IMO the most reasonable way. It
> has the additional benefit that this location is more visible
> for programmers than a shared doc repo (or a shared doc
> directory, like in SVN currently).

this will put more responsibilities into the hands of the
individual developer like making sure the docs are in a place
where the translators can find them - some good wiki pages
will be needed. How do other repos like kdeedu handle this?
Some uniformity over all repos would be nice - right now I
suspect every group discusses the same thing in parallel.
A mailing list only for git transition of the entire KDE
would be helpful.

but apart from that I think grouping everything about a game
together with it is helpful.

--
Wolfgang