[Kde-games-devel] Features in a separate branch

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Dec 26 18:51:38 UTC 2011

El Dilluns, 26 de desembre de 2011, a les 13:21:07, Christian Krippendorf va
escriure:
> Hey guys,
>
> when making some big changes to the kdegames repo, i first want to keep them
> in a separate branch.  Now the best way is to paste code changes to the
> ReviewBoard before add them to trunk.
>
> But how a about a branch i want to merge to trunk? I think bringing every
> commit to the RB isn't a really good idea.

You post the whole diff between the branches and/or tell people the branch
name/location and they have a look about it.

> The branch, for example, just brings the boardeditor back to kmahjongg.
>
> How would you like me to handle this?

I think the difficult part is you doing the code, people having a look is
"easier" and after all we are not code frozen anymore so it can go into trunk
with "less review" since there's going to be at least 6 months before the next
release.

Cheers,
  Albert