[Kde-games-devel] KDE games strategy

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:05:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
>> menubars and toolbars, small popup dialogs (e.g. "high scores" dialogs) and
>> other such "mouse oriented chrome" are entirely unecessary and even get in
>> the way of enjoying the games even on the desktop.
>
> Says who?  I am sure many people enjoy their high scores. I am one of them.

High score is one thing, the dialog is another. : )
I agree the high score feature has to be kept, but the dialog is
rather underwhelming, isn't it?

I mean I just managed the higher score and...

a gray window pops up? That's it?

I want an animated screen, with a dramatic theme, and fireworks, if I
get to the top three!
With a theme to match the game.

Oh, well I understand that is a lot of work, and I would settle for
something less...
But we must give some gratification to those manic players out there :)

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams