[Kde-games-devel] Re: libtagaro -> kdereview [-> kdegames]

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 03:36:49 CEST 2011

On Friday 22 April 2011 5:50:02 am Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On Thursday 21 Apr 2011 15:50:12 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Any chance it could get a name which makes you kind of understand what it
> > is ? libkdegames was clear, and since the "it must have a K" is gone, we
> > have more and more stuff with weird names which say absolutely nothing to
> > somebody who is not involved.
> >
> > How about simply libkdegames2 ?
> > (e.g. libpng, libjpeg, libz, libxml2, etc. are also quite "boring" names,
> > but you get an idea what they are good for)
>
> +1.

+1 from me too.  Tagaro is nice and quite unique, but in the future, if the
name is Tagaro, how will new members of KDE Games answer such questions
as: "Is there a KDE games library?", "If so, what is it called and where do I
find it?  And where is the documentation located?"?  If they cannot answer
such questions easily, they will go astray, waste time re-inventing library
functions or just give up.  I speak from earlier experience, several years
back, when libkdegames existed but the doco was hard to find.

Cheers, Ian W.