[Kde-games-devel] Re: A Thought About The Version Control System

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:00:49 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> And quite frankly I find git extremely unreliable, the number of times
> my local checkout has got hopelessly messed up and I have to
> re-download from scratch ...

Two words: git reflog

Git is extremely reliable in that stuff is never dropped immediately
from Git's object database. By grepping over the object database, I
managed to recover from a git-svn-dcommit of 50 commits that failed
halfway-through and left me with all branches and the checkout broken.
Had I known git-reflog by that time, the recovery would have been a
one-liner.

Greetings
Stefan